DIY Wooden Doll house Flooring

DIY Preview

Supplies Needed

Wood grain Peel n Stick Kitchen Liner (Amazon or your local Walmart)

Paperboard (Recycle from food/cereal boxes)

Glue (I used mod podge) 

Clear Contact Paper (Optional)

Heavy Books/Objects for Weight

Cardboard or Foam board

Precision Knife and Ruler, Or some kind of paper trimmer.

Instructions

  1. Attach your peel and stick to your paperboard. This may take several boxes depending on your finished floor size.
  2. Carefully cut your combined liner paperboard into small pieces. I cut my pieces 3 x 1/2 inches.
  3. Cut your cardboard to your finished floor size. My working space was 12 x 20 inches
  4. Decide on your parquetry for your floor. I went with a single herringbone pattern 
  5. Mark your floor as needed to help guide you as you glue down your pieces. The goal is to mix up your pieces to prevent a continuous pattern for a more realistic effect. Save your off cuts at the edges as you go to fill spots that need shorter pieces.
  6. Using the left over peel and stick backing to protect whatever you use as a weight on your floor while the glue is drying. Old college books from over ten years ago where my weight of choice... honestly the only reason we keep those books around. 
  7. I finished off my floor with using the clear contact paper to bring back the shine as my messy glue application dulled some of the original liner. I'd suggest this step regardless to prolong the life of your floor and prevent liner lift if things bump into the seams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1:6 Doll Shorts (#012)

Pants and Tights #1

1:6 Pencil Skirt (#011)