A summary of Madness and New Employment.
I said before in a video probably a few years back I was going to focus on my life more than post on YT and meeting content expectations. And I've been doing just that. (My 2-3 videos a year is testament to that.) Well 2025 was another reckoning year for my life. Around October 2024 I thought I came down with a sinus infection that wouldn't let up. By January 2025 I was seeing specialist to figure out why I was constantly in pain. It was around February when I found out I had an "opacification of the ethmoid sinuses" which before we realized the severity of the situation we were jokingly calling it "Leaky Brain".
I started my youtubing to calm myself from my job. A stressful place that never quite stopped being stressful. The intensity of stress was simply ebb and flow. I would switch departments either due to intense issues with co-workers or life changes. When I realized I was looking for another department switch for a THIRD time due to social pressures from work cliques I was ready to look for a new job.
This all lined up in 2025 to me ultimately fearing for my sanity and life. That the stress of constantly watching my back and trying to preform the work of several people alone was basically killing me. I found a work passion I wanted to pursue, so switch departments was no longer an option. But also my health was tanking. So we had agreed I would take nearly any job offer I could find. Thankfully it was around June when my surgery was officially going to take place that I also got a new job that lined up with my desires.
So since June 2025. My Leaky Brain was corrected and I'm working on making sure the underlying causes that made my brain want to escape my skull won't repeat. I am loving my new job. I can come home chill and unburdened by what happened that day. I also don't break down into tears at work. My notable worst days at my new job so far was intense embarrassment on April Fools. Not to mention the day I had to go home when I injured myself by walking to badly to ... walk.
So really I'm in a better place. While my content rate hasn't gone up. That is more due to me also battle ADHD and my mountain of craft supplies. (This was mentioned in a video years ago.) If I have compare the craft chaos of my brain... the mount of UFOs and supplies went from he Himalayas to the Alaskan Range. Still more than I can handle, but less than it use to be.
Change doesn't happen over night. And when I also have to dedicate time to my family, my job, and my withered social life. Well, all this content creation that is merely a by-product of my trying to get my crafting time in order. So I hope to increase the pace, but as I have promised myself. Not at the cost of my sanity and life. So thank you to everyone who has stuck around. And while I do my best to engage with communication, I get easily distracted- so I might need another message!
Comments
Post a Comment